Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] GPS coordinates save incorrectly
10-04-18, 12:05 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-18 01:01 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] GPS coordinates save incorrectly
Hello Drifter18,

It sounds to me as if you have your Axiom set to a GPS datum other than WGS84. In that instance, the system does an automatic conversion between WGS84 and the configured datum. Unless there is a very good reason and you know exactly what the implications are, we strongly recommend you staying with the default of WGS84, since that's the reference datum for all modern charts. The datum setup is in Home > Settings > Units.

If you've got a WGS84 chart (you almost certainly do) and have been given some waypoints referenced to another datum, I would suggest leaving the Axiom in WGS84 and converting the waypoints/marks to WGS84 before entering them. There are a few online calculators to do that sort of thing, if you know what datum to start from.

If the datum is already WGS84 then obviously something else is going on, in which case please give me specific lat/lon examples before and after entry and ideally a video of the operation of entering the mark so that I can see exactly what's happening.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] GPS coordinates save incorrectly - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-04-18 12:05 AM