Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] STLK Fail Lightning Issue
11-07-18, 01:33 PM
RE: [CA11] STLK Fail Lightning Issue
svbloom,

Q1. I'm also not sure if I have diagramed the network switch in correctly. Can you let me know?
A1. Your latest diagram is quite close to being correct. The following changes are recommended:
- the HS5 RayNet Network Switch should have a 12V power circuit supplying it with power. Within a system such as you have shown, I would recommend that it be powered by the circuit which is supplying the MFD with power.
- Ethernet communications and SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications may not be bridged by any device other than a Raymarine MFD. Accordingly, no communications line should be drawn between the HS5 RayNet Network Switch and an iTC-5 or spur within a SeaTalkng backbone. While you have correctly shown a communications path between the radome and the HS5 RayNet Network Switch, you will additionally need to show a communications path between the HS5 RayNet Network Switch and the MFD's Ethernet Network (RayNet) socket (see may last response).

Q2. You do not recommend daisy-chaining the i60 & i50 together
A2. More correctly state, it is considered a best practice to not create such daisy chains.

Q3. Since there were a lot of t-connectors previously, I have added another 5-way connector to simplify things. I'm not sure if that is best practice or not.
A3. Use of 5-Way Connectors or T-Pieces is a matter of personal preference. Where devices are closely located to one another (such as in a pod, behind a helm, etc.), use of 5-Way Connectors can reduce clutter to make a cleaner installation. Be certain to insert an A06032 SeaTalkng Blanking Plug (black) within any unoccupied SeaTalkng spur socket within a 5-Way Connector or product to protect the socket.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] STLK Fail Lightning Issue - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-07-18 01:33 PM