Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] STLK Fail Lightning Issue
12-11-18, 02:25 PM
RE: [CA11] STLK Fail Lightning Issue
svbloom,

Q1. Does the Raymarine red & black power cable coming in at our binnacle connect to the 5-way connector? (It doesn't connect directly to the MFD, right?) I had it in my diagram connecting directly to the MFD, but I think it goes from the breaker via the spur cable to the 5-way to power the network? Then we have a big thick power cable that is coming off the MFD and I believe going to the radar.
A1. Nothing within your binnacle pod requires a power cable other than the MFD. It will be powered via the Power/NMEA 0183/Video Input Cable which was packaged with the a98 MFD. As for your previously referenced diagram, it is recommended that one end of the backbone terminate within the pedestal pods to minimize the number of cables which must be chased through the binnacle tubes. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject ... I may have referenced this FAQ previously. Your diagram presently shows five cables being chased into the binnacle tubes. Should the recommendations of the FAQ be following, then only three cables need be chased through the binnacle tubes.

Q2. Regarding the ITC-5.... If we connect it into the backbone with a backbone cable going in and one going out- does it also need to be connected via a spur cable? I see it has an output for a spur cable on it and wondered.
A2. The iTC-5 should not be interfaced as a spur to the backbone. It should be installed as a component of the backbone (i.e. connected to the backbone via SeaTalkng Backbone Cable. The iTC-5's spur socket simply permits some other device to be interfaced to the backbone via this spur socket or for the backbone to be powered via this spur socket.

Q3. Can one ITC-5 unit handle all of our transducers (wind, speed/sea temp & depth)? (We do not need two ITC-5's correct?)
A3. It should only be necessary to install a single iTC-5 to interface all of the listed instrument transducers to the system.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] STLK Fail Lightning Issue - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-11-18 02:25 PM