The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Ray240 VHF upgrade
10-19-18, 05:00 PM (This post was last modified: 10-22-18 03:28 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Ray240 VHF upgrade
My existing Ray240 VHF system is on its last legs. It has a second station in the cockpit and gets its GPS feed from an RS130 antenna. I have an AIS splitter and a AIS650 transceiver. I have an HS5 Seatalk HS network switch and a new i70 but the majority of my comprehensive Raymarine kit is ST60/E80 vintage - and working well!
Currently, one Ray240 handset refuses to connect to the transceiver and the cockpit loudspeaker works when it feels like it. I’ve had it repaired once already.
As it is obsolete I am considering replacing it with a Ray90 system, perhaps using the wireless capability in the cockpit (along with an active speaker).
I think I need the following: E70492, a wireless 2nd station kit with active speaker and handset. What else?
Do I have to upgrade the RS130 with a GA150 as re-running the cable is a tedious job...? The Ray90 has an integral GPS as far as I can see...
Will I need to replace the existing Raymarine extension cabling between the transceiver and the cockpit or will the wireless functionality remove the need for it altogether?
As I live aboard and am currently cruising I want to purchase what I need before removing the Ray240!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Ray240 VHF upgrade - Rfarrington - 10-19-18 05:00 PM