Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] “No Pilot” alarm
11-03-18, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-18 09:39 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] “No Pilot” alarm
I have just finished installing the autopilot and am getting No Pilot alarm.
The EV1 light turns red when in alarm for a few seconds the green for a couple seconds then back into red and alarm for a few seconds.
The ACU 150 maintains a solid green light at all times.
ACU150 - New
EV1 - Used
P70r - Used
Type 1 drive - New
MFD is Gs165

I have checked 12v connections, ACU150 to seatalk connections, Seatalkng bus is all good with ends terminated with the blue plugs and all connections to it are solid.

Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-18, 01:04 AM (This post was last modified: 11-29-18 09:39 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] “No Pilot” alarm
Hello Drifter2,

'No Pilot' in an Evolution system means 'no NMEA2000 comms with EV'. In this case I'm pretty sure you've got new software in your ACU and old software in the EV, which is causing the EV to crash and reboot continually. This was a common symptom at the time when we released our 'R4' pilot software.

Unplug the ACU's STNG cable, update the software in the EV via the gS MFD, plug the ACU back in and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
11-29-18, 06:19 AM (This post was last modified: 11-29-18 09:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply.
Originally the software was not the same and so I have already done a software update twice however I did not disconnect the ACU from the SeatalkNG network when doing so.
Does disconnecting the ACU change something?

I am away from the boat until the end of Dec so wont be able to try again until then. J
12-14-18, 12:34 AM
Hello Drifter2,

Sorry for the delay replying. Yes, disconnecting the ACU stops the EV continually rebooting and allows it to be upgraded, so that it can work with the new ACU software.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
02-19-19, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-19 07:44 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you for the help.
Even though I updated software successfully (or so it said) before the EV did not update and so turning off power to the ACU and updating again worked perfectly.

Thanks