Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] SeaTalk 1 to MNEA 2000 via ST70
01-16-19, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 01-16-19 11:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] SeaTalk 1 to MNEA 2000 via ST70
Hi Tom,

I'm picking up on this thread as new question just crossed my mind.

I have now obtained a SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkng converter kit E22158, but won't be able to try it out until 5 weeks from now.

The question is whether there is a way to control what data gets passed either way, or if there is not what the behaviour would be.

In particular I want to receive from ST1 all ST60 type data like wind, water speed etc. And send to ST1 autopilot track and waypoint data (like in APB).
But also numerous other infos that the ST70 can display, like GPS position data, COG, SOG.

All that seemed to have worked with the ST70 as a bridge, aside of it freezing after a while.

What I hadn't tested is heading. So far it came from the autopilot via ST1. But I'm introducing a satellite compass and would prefer the ST70 to use its true heading instead.

The autopilot on the other hand works well the way it is with its own flux-gate and yaw giro. An absolutely correct true heading isn't required for it, so I thought I'd rather leave it the proven way.

For the set and drift calculation on the ST70 however I would prefer the true heading from the sat compass.

Another question is what happens when I have two GPS feeding into NMEA2000 / SeaTalkng, they are probably saying the same, but that's not guaranteed. Will it be sticking to the first one it sees or process both.

Is there any way to control this?

Thanks
Harald
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] SeaTalk 1 to MNEA 2000 via ST70 - HaraldS - 01-16-19 10:43 AM