The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] AIS Target time out quest
12-12-18, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-18 10:54 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] AIS Target time out quest
Hi All,

I am after a little more in depth information in regards to AIS targets on a LH2 display v19.03.

History
We replaced a C90 Classic that had failed, with a c95. It is networked with via STng and Raynet to a Quantum. The only STng data is AIS from a Vesper XB8000

transceiver. The S series Auto pilot and ST instruments go through a STng to ST1 converter.

What is occurring is that even though AIS seems to be working, the c95 will intermittently drop targets. The Vesper XB8000 is also WiFi to the iPad and is showing Targets.

The issue is...

While the c95 is dropping the odd target, the iPad is maintaining them.
The customer stated that he never had any dropouts with his C90. Under the instruction of our Raymarine guys I collected data (using the Kvaser and logging)

submitted this to them for inspection. I have also viewed the data live.
Raymarine have stated that it is operating correctly. The data flow is consistent with transmission periods as per vessel/Class and speed.

My question is
how long does a target stay on the screen per vessel transmission. So if a cruise ship is anchored off the coast..should the target icon stay on the screen for the 3min until (stationary transmission) it receives the next update?
This particular target was apx 2+ nm away.

Thank you for your assistance

Garry.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[LW11] AIS Target time out quest - Garry71118 - 12-12-18 05:30 PM