Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] E120w upgrade to e125 vs e127 e128
04-09-19, 02:00 AM
RE: [CA11] E120w upgrade to e125 vs e127 e128
Hello Chuck
Thank you for your quick response .
The Es125 MFD does not communicate with anything, nor using the seatalk ng, neither the seatalk hs (rj45) ports.
To detect and isolate the problem I have carried out several tests.
1)I have disconnected everything and I have connected only an external GPS to the network sealtalk ng 5-way Connector being used to interface the Es125 MFD, and it does not detect the GPS. Then, I have replaced the Es125 for the Es95 MFD, and it receives the GPS signal perfectly.
2)I have connected the radar and the DSM to the sealtalk hs (rj45) Switch that interfaces the Es125 MFD, and the cockpit navigation system does not communicate with the radar nor with the DSM. But If I swap to the Es95 cockpit MFD, this last one communicates with both of them.
3) I have unplugged the SeaTalkhs cable connecting the navigation station's MFD to the SeaTalkhs Network Switch from the switch and I have instead connected it to the port of the SeaTalkhs Network Switch which the cockpit MFD's cable is presently interfaced to. The Es125 MFD does not communicate with the radr transducer, neither with the DSM. But when connecting the another MFD (Es95), this one communicates perfectly.

So, I think that the seatalk hs network switch is deemed to be operational, since it works perfectly with the Es95. And the fault would be within the Es125 MFD seatalk hs cable or adapter. But it’s strange that it seems to be also a fault within the seatalk ng network with the same MFD. Could it be a configuration problem or, on the contrary, both MFD adapters (ng and hs) would have a problem?
It is as if the eS125 did not receive frames, as if it had the communication ports disabled.
Thanks very much
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] E120w upgrade to e125 vs e127 e128 - josevmax - 04-09-19 02:00 AM