Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrading E80 MFD to an Axiom Pro 9 or an eS75 MFD
01-07-19, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-19 02:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Upgrading E80 MFD to an Axiom Pro 9 or an eS75 MFD
I am considering upgrading my Raymarine E80 MFD to an Axiom Pro 9 or an eS75 MFD
I also have the following electronics installed:
1. SPX10 Smart Pilot with ST6002 control and Raypilot Typ1 linear Drive
2. Raymarine ST60 Tridata
3. 3rd party (Digital Yacht) Class B AIS transponder
4. Raymarine analogue radar
I appreciate that the existing radar (4) will not work with an Axiom MFD or an eS75 MFD but would appreciate your advice as to whether the other items will all interface satisfactorily and without the need for any additional hardware.
Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-19, 02:16 PM
RE: [CA11] Upgrading E80 MFD to an Axiom Pro 9 or an eS75 MFD
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Albatross,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing replacing an E-Series Classic MFD(s) with an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD(s). Please click here to view a FAQ addressing replacing an E-Series Classic MFD(s) with an Axiom Pro MFD(s). Of the items listed, all but the analog radar transducer may be interfaced to an eS-Series MFD or Axiom Pro MFD. With regard to the SPX10, it would be recommended that it and the new MFD be interfaced to one another via a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone which includes a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. It would further be recommended that the ST6002 remain interfaced to the SPX10 via a SeaTalk bus. However, it would be recommended that the ST60 Tridata Instrument be disconnected from the SeaTalk bus and that it instead be interfaced to the SeaTalk socket of the aforementioned SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.
01-10-19, 05:18 AM
Thank you very much. Very helpful.
01-10-19, 08:52 AM
You're welcome.