Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] ST2000+ not heading correctly in track mode
05-28-20, 05:01 AM
RE: [TG11] ST2000+ not heading correctly in track mode
Hello,

Im new in this forum. Founded this thread which handles quite similar problem we are facing.

We have Axiom Pro MFD and ST2000+ autopilot connected via N2k to ST? converter.

I have faced out problems that when changing from auto mode to track mode the new heading seems to be, I assume, the one which is there in the next way point pairs legs great circle.

Also when pressing Restart Cross Track Error in Axiom, the pilot takes some weird heading. At the present moment I can't say more than this about this Restart phenomenon.

Wind mode seems to work well. And pilot gets the waypoint information presented in the UI.

Example: Route activated in Axiom. Now on pilots auto mode. XTE less than 0.1 NM, well on the same heading than current waypoint pair. Then, turn on the track mode, the new heading in the ST2000+ seems to be close to the heading which exist in the next waypoint pair leg. The incorrect headings have been both to starboard and to port depending on the route. And the magnitude of incorrect headings have been in some cases greater than double of magnetic variation.

Q1: is the whole track part of the N2k message feed? Or just the current leg + following leg?
12: might the ST2000+ have some kind of indexing issue, so that it gets the incorrect heading from the next leg?

Kr. Tuomo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] ST2000+ not heading correctly in track mode - tlinnant - 05-28-20 05:01 AM