Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] i60 Wind new install, no wind speed
02-04-19, 07:55 AM
RE: i60 Wind new install, no wind speed
HI Whistonmarine

Thank you for your enquiry,

What else do you have in the network connected to the STng bus? As part of a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone, SeaTalkng 5-Way Connectors, T-Pieces, Inline Terminators, SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converters, and iTC-5 Analog Instrument Transducer Converters must be interfaced to one another via appropriate lengths of SeaTalkng Backbone Cable. The backbone should be powered from a single spur which located at the approximate midpoint of the backbone's LEN load. It is considered to be a best practice that the backbone be powered using a SeaTalkng Power Cable (rather than an autopilot ACU or course computer) which in turn has been connected to a switched and preferably dedicated 12 VDC power circuit.

The backbone should be terminated with a resistor at either end of the backbone and no more than 2 terminators should be used in any system.

If you are using the Wind instrument as a standalone item, then all that is required is power into the i60 via the black and red power cable.

We also note from your photograph that the display is set to True, so with not boat speed input to the display the TRUE wind speed will show 0, reset the wind speed to show APParent wind.

Thanks
Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: i60 Wind new install, no wind speed - Derek - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-04-19 07:55 AM