Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom Pro S transducer compatibility
02-19-19, 09:43 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-19 11:39 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom Pro S transducer compatibility
The Axiom Pro 12 S (E70482) manual states that, “only CPT-S series transducers can be connected to Axiom Pro S variant MFDs” and it goes on to indicate that an adaptor cable (A80490) is needed to make the connection between the Axiom Pro S MFD and the CPT-S transducer. In this same manual, there is no mention of connecting to a sonar module. In the CP470 CHIRP Sonar Module manual however, there is a chart in section 3.3 that indicates compatible MFDs and the Axiom Pro S variants are cited as being compatible. So, the questions are, can a CP470 CHIRP Sonar Module be used with an Axiom Pro S variant MFD? If so, what connection would be used between the Sonar Module and the Axiom Pro S MFD? Does each device merely connect to the NMEA2000 backbone via Seatalkng adaptor cables? If not, then what?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-19, 11:53 AM
RE: [CA11] Axiom Pro S transducer compatibility
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum cc driver,

Any model of MFD running LightHouse 3 software (Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL or eS/gS-Series MFD) may be interfaced to a CP100 DownVision Sonar Module, CP200 SideVision Sonar Module, CP370 ClearPulse 1kW 50kHz/200kHz Sonar Module, CP470 CHIRP Sonar Module, CP570 Professional CHIRP Sonar Module, and/or RVX1000 High Performance 3D Sonar Module and corresponding transducer(s) to support the corresponding fishfinder features within the system's MFDs. Details for interfacing each of these fishfinder sounder modules to the system may be found within the corresponding fishfinder sounder module's installation guide. Like the MFDs, each of these fishfinder sounder modules feature an Ethernet Network (RayNet) communications interface, permitting the sonar module(s) either be interfaced to the MFD's Ethernet Network communications interface or to one of the system's HS5 RayNet Network Switches via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.
03-01-19, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the information, Chuck! My current sounder equipment consists of a C120W MFD with a DSM30 module and a B60 depth/temp transducer. I suspect that upgrading to a CHIRP system and specifically the Axiom Pro S MFD with a CPT-S transducer will be a significant improvement. Would you agree?

Given the improvement mentioned above, what benefit would be gained by taking things a step further by adding a CP470 sounder with an appropriate transducer? I understand there would be more power output, but in terms of what I would see on the screen, would it be worth it? The majority of my fishing is done in shallow water and only occasionally am I fishing in water >100 feet.

Thanks!
03-04-19, 12:14 PM
cc driver,

Q1. My current sounder equipment consists of a C120W MFD with a DSM30 module and a B60 depth/temp transducer. I suspect that upgrading to a CHIRP system and specifically the Axiom Pro S MFD with a CPT-S transducer will be a significant improvement. Would you agree?
A1. I would expect that the performance of the Axiom Pro S when operated in the depths which you have specified would be very similar to that of the DSM30 w/B60 transducer. I would expect that the CPT-S would provide better imaging of the bottom and objects suspended within the water column.

Q2. Given the improvement mentioned above, what benefit would be gained by taking things a step further by adding a CP470 sounder with an appropriate transducer? I understand there would be more power output, but in terms of what I would see on the screen, would it be worth it? The majority of my fishing is done in shallow water and only occasionally am I fishing in water >100 feet.
A2. A CP470 would not be recommended for the specified operating depths.