Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] AXIOM 7 location on instrument panel
02-26-19, 04:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-19 04:37 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] AXIOM 7 location on instrument panel
Im going to purchase an AXIOM 7 (Chartplotter only) with Navionics and integrate it with my SPX 10 AP. I read the manual online and the installation instructions contain a requirement for the unit to be at least 3 feet away from a VHF RADIO. Is this overly conservative or really important? I have a sailboat with a NAV station where I want all of my electronics to be. My radar display, AIS, VHF and soon to be chartplotter are all flush mounted in the same panel.

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-19, 04:43 PM
RE: [CA11] AXIOM 7 location on instrument panel
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum sspencer,

It is generally recommended that VHF radios be installed at least 3' away from most marine electronic devices to prevent RF interference from the marine electronics devices from affecting the VHF radio. If considering to locate the marine electronics closer than the recommended minimum distance, then it would be recommended that the marine electronics be installed in a temporary fashion and that testing for RF interference (ex. breaking squelch, RF noise, etc.) be performed. Should such interference be detected, then it would typically be recommended that RF chokes be installed on the power cable of the marine electronics device. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply