Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] RV-200 transducer with Axiom Pro
03-01-19, 11:47 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-19 01:04 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] RV-200 transducer with Axiom Pro
I have a Axiom Pro installed and just added a RV-200 transducer. I have the latest software for my Axiom, but it is not seeing the transducers. I’ve recycled the power and still nothing.
How can I test the extension cable and transducer to rule them out.
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-19, 01:21 PM
RE: [CA11] RV-200 transducer with Axiom Pro
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Pete,

It is recommended that a Factory Reset (HOME->SETTINGS->THIS DISPLAY->FACTORY RESET) be commanded to address the reported problem.
03-04-19, 06:12 AM
I did the factory reset and still had no change. I did play with the connections it appears that the Pins are recessed to deep to make a
good connection with the cable. After I made new connections these two Icons appear, but the MDF still showed No transducer connected.
Please advise.
Thanks
03-04-19, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-19 09:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Pete,

Please note that unlike 1kW CHIRP and 50kHz/200kHz transducers, the MFD's Fishfinder feature will not offer a transducer selection feature for RV transducers. The system will automatically detect the presence of RV transducers, DownVision transducers, can CPT-S transducers. As evidenced by the Transducer status icon in the upper right hand corner of the display, the transducer has been sensed and is pinging. The dashed value reported for Depth may indicate one or more of the following:

- the vessel is not in the water,

- the depth of the water beneath the transducer is less than 3',

- an aerated flow of water is passing across the face of the transducer,

- a Transducer Y-Cable has been installed and only one transducer has been interfaced to the Y-Cable,

- the system features more than one source of depth data, or

- there is an issue with the selected/default source of depth data.

Should all of the above have been addressed, then the reported symptom may indicate a problem with the RV-200 transducer or with the Axiom Pro RVX MFD. To fault isolate this problem, it would be recommended that the MFD be interfaced to a RV-100, RV-200, or RV-300 transducer which has been suspended over the side of the hull into the water. Such testing may be performed by a Certified Raymarine Installer. Alternatively, the MFD may be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
03-04-19, 04:24 PM
When I try to access the Sonar Icon on the MDF it asks me to select a channel, I press ok and it shows NO Transducer connected. Please connect transducer and repower.
Also it isn't reading water temperature.
Did I miss a step in setup? There is no manual with the Transducer and I followed instructions in the manual I bought for the Axiom MDF.
Thanks
03-05-19, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-19 02:56 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Pete,

You have followed all of the correct steps to this point. The reported issue is often overcome with Axiom RV MFDs by:
- switching the MFD OFF
- disconnecting the transducer(s) from the MFD by unplugging from the transducer cable(s) from the MFD's TRANSDUCER socket
- switching the MFD ON
- commanding the MFD to perform a Factory Reset
- upon completion of the Factory Reset, switch the MFD OFF
- wait 30 seconds
- plug the transducer(s) into the MFD's TRANSDUCER socket
- switch the MFD ON.

Once corrected, the procedure specified above should not need to be repeated in the future.

Should the problem persist, and no modifications or splices were made to the transducer's cable, then it would indicated a problem with the MFD's fishfinder circuitry or with the transducer itself. This issue would typically be fault isolated by interfacing the MFD to a RV-100 transducer. Should the MFD have been installed by a Certified Raymarine Installer, then it would be recommended that the installer be contacted to perform this test. If not, it would be recommended that the MFD sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
03-07-19, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the help Chuck, but it still didn't work. I even bought another extension cable to rule that out and still nothing.
I'm shipping my MDF to the repair center to get checked out. After that it can only be the transducer!!
Pete
03-08-19, 07:11 AM
You're welcome.