Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] New Axiom Install
05-21-20, 02:03 PM
RE: [CA11] New Axiom Install
TJ Champion,

Question#1 is since the old ST1 system tied to the Seatalk to Seatalkng converter at the ST 7001+ control head and the new ACU utilizes the p70s control head, where do I tie into the system? is it possible to not use the p70s and just leave the ST7001+ in place? The manual makes reference to an iTC5 unit. is that something else that needs to be purchased before the system will work?
A1-You will wire the converter into the backbone pieces that come with the pilot. It will give you enough connection points to connect everything.

Question#2 is the new ACU came with a new rudder reference transducer, do I need to change the old one out or can I leave it as is.
A2-Leave as is, they are identical. Stow away the new RRU as a spare.

Question#3. The manual shows that the EV1 is connected to the same 5-way block as the control head. Is it possible to enter anyplace else for the EV1, I do not have any more room in the helm pod support to add another wire.
A3-That is an example. The EV1 can connect into any of the white STNG ports. It does not have to be the five way.

Chris,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] New Axiom Install - TJ Champion - 03-07-19, 12:31 PM
RE: [CA11] New Axiom Install - Chris - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-21-20 02:03 PM