Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voyage Planner Waypoint and Route management
05-06-16, 02:53 PM
Voyage Planner Waypoint and Route management
I have been trying to email support@ voyagexchange.com and the email keeps getting being rejected as a delivery failure. I was asking for some help with the following.

1.The Hide waypoints function Hides all waypoints even those in Routes that are open. How can I work around this

2. Waypoints cannot be locked. This is very risky.

3. Using a mouse will not add an existing waypoint in line. Clicking edit adds a new waypoint at the click which isn't close to the leg. There are instructions for this in the help section but they don't work.

4. Using a mouse adding a new way point in line or between waypoints in a leg also does not work. I would suggest an add existing nearby waypoint command.

A split leg function (like the one in RNS 6) would be a better option to add leg waypoint. That would automatically insert a new way point.

Thanks for your help
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-16, 03:33 PM
RE: Voyage Planner Waypoint and Route management
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum epc7405,

Q1. I have been trying to email support@ voyagexchange.com and the email keeps getting being rejected as a delivery failure. I was asking for some help with the following.
A1. If you carefully examine the e-mail address included within your statement above, you will find that it included a space following the "@" symbol. I have verified that e-mail sent to "support@voyagexchange.com" does not bounce.

The following responses reflect the operation of v1.3.0.4 Voyage Planner software. Should you not be operating with this version (HELP->ABOUT), then it is recommended that your Voyage Planner software be updated accordingly (HELP->UPDATE).

Q2.The Hide waypoints function Hides all waypoints even those in Routes that are open. How can I work around this
A2. To hide an individual waypoint, open the Waypoints list, scroll the list to the waypoint that you desired to hide/show, place your cursor over the waypoint's name, right mouse click and select HIDE from the displayed menu. Hidden waypoints will be differentiated within the list from shown waypoints by use of italics for the waypoint's name. Multiple waypoints may also be selected from the Waypoints list for such Show/Hide commands.

Q3. Waypoints cannot be locked. This is very risky.
A3. Noted. A feature request will be logged accordingly to consider this feature for inclusion within a future Voyage Planner software update.

Q4. Using a mouse will not add an existing waypoint in line. Clicking edit adds a new waypoint at the click which isn't close to the leg. There are instructions for this in the help section but they don't work.
A4. When graphically creating a route and desiring to use an existing waypoint, position the cursor over the first waypoint, await it to be hotspotted (the waypoint symbol will become significantly larger, right click and select the menu options associated with creating a route. Similarly, if desiring to graphically add an existing waypoint thereafter to a route being created, position the cursor over the waypoint, await it to be hot spotted (the waypoint symbol will become significantly larger, left click to add it to the route, and then move on to the next existing waypoint or location where you would like the next waypoint to be created.

Q5. Using a mouse adding a new way point in line or between waypoints in a leg also does not work. I would suggest an add existing nearby waypoint command.
A5. Unlike RayTech software, Voyage Planner does include a Split Previous Leg feature to support adding a waypoint at the midpoint of the previous leg. Instead, Voyage Planner simply permits the route to be extended through a right mouse click action on its last leg. A feature request will be logged accordingly to consider this feature for inclusion within a future Voyage Planner software update.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply