Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HI I need a diagram for my new Raymarine system
05-09-16, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-16 02:31 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: HI I need a diagram for my new Raymarine system
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum SloopDogg,

Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to produce custom diagrams to interface your equipment. However, you may find sample diagrams within Raymarine's product installation manuals, Raymarine's web site, and the SeaTalkng Reference manual.

RADAR: Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to interface the radome to an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD.

A powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone will need to be created having sufficient spur connections to interface the MFD, i50 / i60 Instrument Displays, EV-1 Sensor Core, ACU-200, and p70 autopilot control head, Actisense NGW-1-ISO-AIS, and a SeaTalkng Power Cable. The maximum total length of a spur is 5m and up to three closely located devices having SeaTalkng interfaces may be daisy chained to one another to reduce the amount of cabling chased through the boat.

It is generally recommended that AIS receivers/transceivers be interfaced to the system via SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 communications doing so will additionally support AIS data on i70 and ST70 Multifunction Instrument Displays. Accordingly, the paragraph above references an Actisense NGW-1-ISO-AIS data bridge.

As the MFD features only one NMEA 0183 I/O port (i.e. Port 1), it is recommended that it be used to support interfacing the Icom VHF radio if no external GPS sensor is installed onboard the vessel. Alternatively, a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter may be added to the backbone and the NMEA 0183 leads of the VHF radio may be interfaced to the Converter per the information found here to supply the Icom VHF radio with GPS data.

If opting to use the e7D MFD's internal ClearPulse fishfinder sounder circuitry, then the MFD's transducer socket must be interfaced to a compatible fishfinder transducer
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HI I need a diagram for my new Raymarine system - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-09-16 02:27 PM