Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Potential Upgrade to my E97 MFD and Transducer
04-10-19, 08:36 AM
RE: [CA11] Potential Upgrade to my E97 MFD and Transducer
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Frank,

Q1. Thru Hull Transducer that says it is a BC60 20 Deg TLTD, Element E66087. Not sure if it a Raymarine Transducer.
A1. This is indeed a Raymarine B60 20 degree tilted element fishifnder transducer.

Q2. I am curious what I can do with the system and transducer I have as I would like to get the down vision and side vision views as is now available.
A2. The B60 transducer in conjunction with the MFD's internal 50kHz/200kHz fishfinder circuitry will support traditional conical 50kHz/200kHz fishfinder sounder imagery. If seeking to have your system additionally support DownVision fishfinder imaging, then the system would need to be interfaced to a CP100 DownVision Fishfinder Module, which in turn would need to be interfaced to a compatible thru-hull or transom mounted DownVision Transducer . The CP100 would be interfaced to an unoccupied Ethernet Network (RayNet) socket of either MFD or of the system's HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.

Q3. After looking at the cost of the modules (and if I had to add 2 transducers as well) maybe a newer MFD would be more cost effective ? Obviously I need something compatible with all the wiring I currently have and I also have the Raymarine HD Radar Unit on the hard top that is the 18" diameter one. Just looking for what I may be able to do with my existing system and or what upgrades I might need.
If seeking to replace the currently installed MFDs, you may want to consider Axiom Pro MFDs ... more specifically one Axiom Pro 12 S MFD and one Axiom Pro 12 RVX MFD with a RealVision Transducer. The combination would be compatible with the currently installed Power/NMEA 0183/Video Input Cable and Ethernet Cable(s). The SeaTalkng Cable may be easily adapted to be mated to the Data Master MFD's NMEA 2000 socket. Of the items specified within your system to date, these MFDs would be compatible with but the currently installed B60 transducer which may be replaced with a compatible E66085 B60 transducer. The sonar capabilities of the new system would include the following:
- RealVision sonar imaging ... produce 3D imaging of structures and objects within the water column
- SideVision sonar imaging ... I find this type of imaging particularly useful in locating structures and objects to the sides of the vessel
- DownVision sonar imaging ... produces detailed bottom/structure imaging of such items as the vessel passes over them
- 50kHz/200kHz sonar imaging ... as you have today. It is recommended that this capability be retained for operation at planing speed and in deeper water.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Potential Upgrade to my E97 MFD and Transducer - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-10-19 08:36 AM