Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Sounder Supply Voltage Too Low
05-01-19, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-19 08:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Sounder Supply Voltage Too Low
Hello Dave,

Personally I've not come across any false low-voltage warnings: in my experience, when you see that alarm there is a genuine low-voltage condition, however here are a couple of questions:
  • When you say 'try to run the fishfinder': where is the transducer connected? Port, centre, starboard? Do you have more than one transducer? What type(s) of transducer, and what fishfinder channels are you looking at on the two displays?
  • What do you get if you run fishfinder on the right-hand display?

My guess is that you have a restriction in supply to the port display. It doesn't matter how full the reservoir is, if you have a kink in your garden hose you won't be able to water the plants properly: I think that you might have a large voltage drop across a poor contact somewhere in-line in the power supply between the bus-bar and the port Axiom. Maybe in the yellow fuse-holder, or a mis-crimped ring terminal, a loose connection, something like that.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Sounder Supply Voltage Too Low - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-01-19 09:31 PM