Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Sounder Supply Voltage Too Low
05-13-19, 08:27 AM (This post was last modified: 05-13-19 09:23 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Sounder Supply Voltage Too Low
Thanks Tom. I am pretty confident I have a good, clean power supply. Connections are professionally made with individual copper ring terminals and spades. I am viewing voltage (and testing the units) while plugged into shore power with the battery charger running and no other demands on the DC system. Voltage is showing (when I look on the displays) as identical on all three Axioms and at the voltage level expected based on the battery charger output. There are no kinks or other visual issues in the short wiring runs from the circuit breaker/ground bus bar to the units.

I tried moving the deviceNet cable for the Axiom in question to a different open port on the HS5 to see if maybe there was a bad port on the HS5 b but no joy.

1) Could different software versions between the Axiom units cause this issue? I am in the process of trying to update my software across displays but have run into a few issues. Harbor wi-fi is not strong enough to upgrade that way. I then attempted the upgrade with a mSD card that was 64GB (which I recently learned is above the size requirement) and perhaps not formatted correctly--it was exFAT format instead of FAT32 format. I am now waiting for a 32GB mSD card in FAT32 format and will attempt to re-run the software upgrade on the units shortly.

2) Is there anything else you might look at before having the unit serviced? Obviously I would like that to be a last resort.

Thanks again. Dave
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Sounder Supply Voltage Too Low - ddfour1 - 05-13-19 08:27 AM