Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] How to Delete Video and Image Files from SD card
05-06-19, 03:38 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-19 03:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] How to Delete Video and Image Files from SD card
I was able to connect several 3rd party IP cameras to my RayNet network. In the process of testing I recorded several short .MP4 videos and one .PNG image. On my master Axiom 9 these files were recorded to the single SD card that contains my Navionics charts and used up all the free space quickly.
Even though the menu for the video app allowed me to start and stop recording and save images it did not include any capability to playback or delete videos or images.
(1) Shouldn't the menu include playback and delete buttons?
(2) Can I safely use my PC to delete these .MP4 and .PNG files?
(3) The Navionics SD card is 8 GB. Is there any way I can put my Navionics charts on a much larger SD card such as 32 GB.
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-19, 03:32 PM
RE: [CA11] How to Delete Video and Image Files from SD card
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jim,

Q1. Shouldn't the menu include playback and delete buttons?
A1. Video files may be opened (viewed) and deleted via the Files My Data feature (HOME->MY DATA->FILES). The LightHouse 3 operating system will automatically launch a viewer when a video file has been selected to be opened. Video files are stored in the folder path RAYMARINE/VIDEO FILES.

Q2. Can I safely use my PC to delete these .MP4 and .PNG files?
A2. Yes. PNG files are saved within the root of the microSD memory card. See the response to Q1 regarding the location of video files.

Q3. The Navionics SD card is 8 GB. Is there any way I can put my Navionics charts on a much larger SD card such as 32 GB.
A3. Negative. Navionics cartography is encrypted and the files may only be viewed when stored on the original media. For further information on this subject it recommended that Navionics (508-291-6000) be contacted.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply