The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] Seatalk Failure
05-17-19, 12:58 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-19 02:09 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Seatalk Failure
Hi. I appreciate this subject has been covered before but need some further input as to what might be the problem.
I have an ST 6000 basic system. i.e. no other equipment attached via the seatalk network. My computer was mounted in a difficult to get at location at the bottom of a locker so I moved the unit to an easier accessible location. Just disconnected the wires and then reattached them in its new position. I now have my controller showing 'Seatalk Fail' when I power the unit up. I borrowed a friends control head and connected it via a short lead direct to the computer. Same error message so it looks like the computer is at fault. Am getting 12.8 volts at the seatalk connections and 12.8 volts at the input end, so it's not a power issue. Fuse also OK. Any other checks I can carry out before thinking about getting it repaired/replaced ?
Thanks.
Chris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Seatalk Failure - blackdog999 - 05-17-19 12:58 PM
RE: Seatalk Failure - blackdog999 - 05-25-19, 11:17 AM