Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Sirius Raymarine 150 Receiver
05-16-16, 10:40 AM
New Sirius Raymarine 150 Receiver
I recently purchased a ES Series multifunction display and had to upgrade the Sirius received to the 150.
O have weatehr and music subscription with Sirius. I can hear the music, but can only see the wind direction in the weather.
I have anSRA-40 Galaxy Sirius antena.
I am not sure if the new ES series can receice weather information, or do I need a different antenna to receive the Sirius weather.
Please advise.
Regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-16, 12:52 PM
RE: New Sirius Raymarine 150 Receiver
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Fcampana,

The reported symptom is typically indicative of a SR150 and/or MFD which has not been updated with the latest software updates or patches. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. At the time of this response, the latest NDR Softwarse Version was NDR201303191413 and had the following patches:

Raymarine recommends that its products be maintained with the latest available Raymarine product software updates. Links to download and instructions for installing the software updates may be found on each respective product's software update web page. At the time of this response, there was a fault with the autorun files for the SR150 software update via an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs operating with v16.47 software. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
05-20-16, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 05-20-16 12:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
All the software has been upgraded. I did not see any difference on the Screen. The only function that I believe is working properly is the wind. I cannot get any other function to work. Not even the weather report. The music works not problem
05-20-16, 12:20 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-16 08:51 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Fcampana,

Should you not already have done so, the following should be performed:
- verify that the SiriusXM antenna has been installed in a location affording it an unobstructed view of the skies overhead
- verify that the satellite signal strength reported within the Weather application's titlebar is reporting High signal strength
- verify whether the MFD has been upgraded with v17.45 or later a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software ... if not, then update its software
- back up any waypoint, route, or track data to a microSD memory card
- perform a System Settings and Data Reset (HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->SYSTEM SETTINGS & DATA RESET)
- configure the Weather Receiver Type (HOME->SET-UP->SYSTEM SETTINGS->EXTERNAL DEVICES->WEATHER SET-UP->RECEIVER TYPE) to SR150.
- verify that the Radio Activation Status data item of the SiriusXM Weather Receiver's diagnostics (HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->DIAGNOSTICS->SELECT DEVICE->SR150/SR100/SR6/SR50) is reporting 1 0f -1. If not, it would indicate that the SiriusXM Marine Weather subscription has elapsed (contact SiriusXM) and/or that the receiver requires a restoration signal (contact Raymarine US Product Support (603.324.7900)).
- verify that the Radio Activation Status - Audio data item of the SiriusXM Weather Receiver's diagnostics (HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->DIAGNOSTICS->SELECT DEVICE->SR150/SR100/SR6/SR50) is reporting 1 0f -1, If not, it would indicate that the SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription has elapsed (contact SiriusXM) and/or that the receiver requires a restoration signal (contact Raymarine US Product Support (603.324.7900)).
- open a weather application page (HOME->WEATHER) and verify that the NOWRAD weather graphics layer populates ... may take 10 to 15 minutes
- if so, continue to test the remaining weather graphics layers ... most should populate within 45 minutes from the time that the SR150 was powered ON.
- import your backed up waypoint, route, and track data from the memory card

Should any of the above listed items not be able to be performed, then please indicate which items could not be performed or differed from the expected results.
05-23-16, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-16 09:35 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I have done all as suggested, I left the Sirius on for over an hour and it did not populate the chart. The only thing I am able to see is the wind direction and speed. No weather report or any other supports on the weather.
05-24-16, 09:38 AM
Frank,

Should all of the items have been as indicated and performed per my prior response, then it would be recommended that the SR150 be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked/serviced.
05-27-16, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-16 08:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I dont understand why I can see the wind and listen to the music...
Please see attached pictures, you might be able to find out what is the problem.
Under Nowrad there is a simbol -:-.

Please advise

Regards
Franco
05-31-16, 08:49 AM (This post was last modified: 05-31-16 09:11 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Franco,

Your screen snapshots clearly show High signal strength. The -.- indicator for NOWRAD time indicates that the system has been unable or has not yet completed downloading NOWRAD. Typically, the NOWRAD weather graphics layer (not to be confused with the animation) will populate within 15 minutes or so. Complete animation downloads can take up to 45 minutes to complete. You should have verified that the Radio Activation Status data item of the SiriusXM Weather Receiver's diagnostics (HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->DIAGNOSTICS->SELECT DEVICE->SR150/SR100/SR6/SR50) is reporting 1 0f -1. If not, it would indicate that the SiriusXM Marine Weather subscription has elapsed (contact SiriusXM) and/or that the receiver requires a restoration signal (contact Raymarine US Product Support (603.324.7900)). Similarly, you have verified that the Radio Activation Status - Audio data item of the SiriusXM Weather Receiver's diagnostics (HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->DIAGNOSTICS->SELECT DEVICE->SR150/SR100/SR6/SR50) is reporting 1 0f -1, If not, it would indicate that the SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription has elapsed (contact SiriusXM) and/or that the receiver requires a restoration signal (contact Raymarine US Product Support (603.324.7900)). Should you have addressed the items specified previously and both the Radio Activation Status and the Radio Activation Status - Audio be as specified above, then the SR150 will need to be bench tested/serviced by Raymarine’s Product Repair Center.