Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Radar over lay with ais
05-21-19, 03:25 AM (This post was last modified: 05-21-19 09:46 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Radar over lay with ais
I have the ais emtrak b100 and the splitter s100. The ais works fine in the axiom chartplotter app showing all near by targets. But it doesn't come on when I switch over to quantum radar mode.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-19, 09:47 AM
RE: [CA11] Radar over lay with ais
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bdv240,

To be clear, are you seeking to display AIS targets within a Radar application page/pane?
05-21-19, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 05-22-19 07:59 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Yes that is correct. When there is an ais target in ranch on my chartplotter. I switch over to the radar page and it displays its target as red or green depends if the target is coming towards or away. It seems like the ais only shows up in the chartplotter page. I try turning the ais toggle switch in the radar page to display them but no luck at all.
05-22-19, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-19 10:03 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Bdv240,

Overlaying the Radar application's radar plot with waypoints remains on the backlog of high priority features to be included within a LightHouse 3 software update. Overlaying the Radar application's radar plot with waypoints may be accomplished via the command sequence MENU->TARGETS->AIS SETTINGS->SHOW AIS TARGETS IN RADAR. Within the Radar application, AIS targets may be displayed within the application's Targets screen (MENU->TARGETS->AIS) ... and only then when the AIS tab has been selected. This feature further requires all of the following:
- the system has been interfaced to compatible radar transducer
- the system has been correctly interfaced to an operational AIS receiver / transceiver
- the system has acquired a GPS position FIX
- the system has been interfaced to a source of heading (not to be confused with COG) data.