Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom power on reset
05-23-19, 04:16 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-19 12:39 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom power on reset
I have an Axion Pro 9” and 12” and I want to preform a Power On reset. Following the instructions you posted on another thread, should I power on only the 12” data master per the sequence listed or both Axiom Pro's together? Do I need to preform the Power on reset to each unit or only the data master?
Thanks
John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-19, 12:44 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom power on reset
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum John,

As I believe that we discussed during a phone conversation, it would be recommended that:
- both MFDs be switched ON
- that the repeater MFD be switched OFF,
- that the power ON reset then be performed to the Data Master MFD
- that the startup wizard on the Data Master be completed
- that the Data Master MFD be switched OFF
- that the repeater MFD be switched ON and permitted to complete startup initialization
- that the owner ON reset then be performed to the repeater MFD
- that the Data Master MFD be switched ON
- that the correct MFD be designated as the Data Master (i.e. the system will prompt you to choose a Data Master)
05-29-19, 08:37 PM
Chuck,
I preformed the factory resets as we discussed. They worked as expected but did not correct the 3D transducer issue.
I’m curious to know if you asked about a heading sensor in the transducer vs motion sensors?

Thanks,
John
05-30-19, 10:08 AM
John,

Indeed, the AHRS within the RealVision transducers is a magnetic north seeking device. After calibration (I typically recommend that a couple of slowly executed figure 8's be performed to calibrate the AHRS), should the imaging be skewed as you have reported, then it would appear the transducer's proximity to the diesel engines is exposing them to a level of deviation which the system cannot compensate for. In such cases, it would be recommended that the AHRS Stabilization configuration setting be configured OFF.
01-07-20, 08:06 AM
Chuck,
If I install an AR200, can I select the AHRS data from that unit instead of the transducer data to use with the fish finder and 3D scan?

Thanks,
John
01-07-20, 08:38 AM
John,

Q. If I install an AR200, can I select the AHRS data from that unit instead of the transducer data to use with the fish finder and 3D scan?
A. Negative. The AHRs within the RV transducer will exclusively be used to adjust RV sonar imaging.
01-08-20, 03:56 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-20 08:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck, what's the reason behind AHRs working like that?
01-08-20, 09:09 AM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum GarmanS,

Q. what's the reason behind AHRs working like that?
A. This option was selected to address the engineering concern that the motion and heading orientation sensed by the transducer itself was being used within compensating calculations. For all conditions other than that which the transducer and EV-1 or AR200 have been installed identically with respect to heading, roll, and pitch axes as well as for sensed accelerations (ex. heave associated with a wave) (this actually represents a very small minority of installations), the orientations and motions sensed by the transducer and EV-1 or AR200 will differ.