Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Integrating legacy Seatalk devices
06-09-19, 01:27 PM
RE: [TG11] Integrating legacy Seatalk devices
Tom, thanks for the explanation, this was most helpful. I can see the benefits of only having one Seatalk network to avoid latency and the other problems you noted.

I have all ST devices connected through one network and everything seems to be working properly (I discovered the ST cable going to the flybridge had a short so once I corrected this all devices on the flybridge started working).

The only issue relates to a strange power phenomenon. See attached "as is" schematic. I have the ST6001 connected to the 400G Seatalk B connector with the red wire connected. A voltmeter confirms 12v across the red wire and screen wire. When I power up the autopilot the ST6001 and ST60 gauges do not come on as I expected, however, once I provide power to the STNG network everything works fine. I'm not sure why the Seatalk B connector is not powering the ST6001 and ST60 independently of the STNG network power. Any ideas?

Upon further reading the forum I came across another posting which had me redraw my network so the ST6001 is powered by Seatalk A off of the 400G while Seatalk B is connected without the red wire so that spur is powered by the STNG side. See my "to be" schematic. I haven't made it over to the boat to try this but would this sort of setup be preferable?

Thanks

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Seatalk schematic (as is).pdf (Size: 391.83 KB / Downloads: 227)
.pdf  Seatalk schematic (to be).pdf (Size: 300.2 KB / Downloads: 256)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Integrating legacy Seatalk devices - Wdeertz - 06-09-19 01:27 PM