Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11]Windspeed values incorrect, too low, after some time, especially with more wind
06-25-19, 09:30 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-19 09:35 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [DG11]Windspeed values incorrect, too low, after some time, especially with more wind
When it over reads it occurs on both TWS and AWS. However it also sometimes goes into a state of "0" AWS. This morning it showed normal wind speed readings but within ten minutes showed only "0" wind speed but Wind Direction was correct. Voltages from mast head unit are normal. The SR6 is used to collect SIRIUS weather and provide 6 switch ports. It is not the source of the wind speed. I tried to find a new wind pod this but instead could only find ITC-5 so I ordered one today and hope to install it the day after it arrives - hopefully on Thursday. If that does not resolve the problem then I think we have more serious issues behind my ability to resolve. The batteries are new (as of last year) Firefly's. They have never been below 70% STC and with respect to observations this year, the batteries were always at 95% or better STC. This vessel spends most of its time on shore power but is currently out in the harbor. If we have a voltage problem how can we track down the problem? Are there measurements to be made at the SPX30?
Thank you for responding
Mitch
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DG11]Windspeed values incorrect, too low, after some time, especially with more wind - sogin - 06-25-19 09:30 AM