Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] No Data Source...
06-14-19, 09:42 AM
RE: [CA11] No Data Source...
Thanks very much Chuck. That is what I was afraid of. I neglected to mention that I did try the reboot (many times) with no effect. Pretty sure the power to the scanner/radome connector is solid...13.2 Volts with shore power applied. Some connundrum on my part regarding whether or not to fix this scanner. I may need to replace my C140 MFD at some point in the future, as it is a bit slow to update (zoom in/out) and I don't want to spend bucks on something that would be incompatible with a newer scanner. I believe my current scanner is compatible with the new Axiom MFD, as it is the digital 424HD. At least that is the what the booklet that came with the scanner reflects (this scanner was installed on the vessel when I acquired it 4 years ago). However, it does have the white power cord, which I believe you mentioned in one of your threads is indicative that the unit is analog (incompatible with the Axiom MFD if I understand correctly). I know the connector at the scanner has six pins. Two large, for power/ground, and four smaller. So I'm hopeful my scanner is compatible with the newer Axiom MFD. I value the 48NM range of the 424HD and don't want to settle for the 24NM range of the 'closed' array units that are apparently more typically used with the Axiom MFDs on sailboats (my vessel is a sailboat). Any thoughts very much appreciated. I understand this question might be more appropriately addressed to the sales department, but I value your judgement...

David
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] No Data Source... - tyed - 06-10-19, 11:50 AM
RE: [CA11] No Data Source... - tyed - 06-14-19 09:42 AM
RE: [CA11] No Data Source... - tyed - 06-18-19, 07:35 AM