Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 9 and Quantum 2 Doppler
06-11-19, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-19 12:39 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom 9 and Quantum 2 Doppler
I just finished installing and powering my new Quantum 2. Network cable installed in lieu of WiFi. Axiom picked it up right away and it works flawlessly.

I have two questions.

1. One of the selling points that caught my eye was the ability to view the red and green vessel movements and the ability to target them. One of the videos I watched the salesman tapping the screen on a vessel and selecting "Target".

I am tapping the screen on different vessels underway and do not get the selection to aquire the target. I even selected the auto aquire target function and that doesn't seem to do anything. Am I doing something wrong?

My next step was to perform a software update check to make sure I am up to date. It states there is a Quantum 2 updates. It downloads successfully but fails to start the install each of the three times I tried.

When I got back to dock I downloaded a copy of the update and put on a larger SD card. Powered up and Axiom found the update, but again it failed. See screen shot.

What is also strange as my current LH software is V3.9.46 but it keeps reporting that there is an update to v3.9.46 on the 'check update' screen.

2. What else can I try to update the software for Quantum 2?

Thanks

Will
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-19, 12:44 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom 9 and Quantum 2 Doppler
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Will,

Regarding the target acquisition feature, has the system fitted with a source of heading data (ex. Evolution autopilot, AR200, Airmar Weather Station, etc.)? Regarding, the Quantum 2 software update issue Raymarine has identified a problem in doing so after the MFD has been updated with LightHouse 3 v3.9.46 software. This problem is expected to be corrected within the LightHouse 3 v3.10.x software update. In the interim, customers may downgrade one of the system's MFDs to LightHouse 3 v3.8.105 (link located within the Software History table of the LightHouse 3 software update web page for Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs), perform the Quantum 2 radome update, and then restore the MFD's software to LightHouse 3 v3.9.46.
06-12-19, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-19 01:25 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Ok thanks for update
06-12-19, 01:25 PM
You're welcome.