Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Adding a P66 to Axiom 7
06-13-19, 05:52 AM (This post was last modified: 06-13-19 12:39 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Adding a P66 to Axiom 7
Hi all, . First of all, a big shout out the support team in Sydney without those men I'd still be scratching my head...(All the gear and No idea) but we got to the issue and hopefully resolved.

My question is my Axiom 7 with RV-100. I'm thinking of adding a P66 transducer for 50/100meters and more as the unit seems to have limitations around that depth... is there any issues that might arise or settings I should use while I'm on the P66 or any other recommendations that you can throw my way...
Brizza.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-19, 12:54 PM
RE: [CA11] Adding a P66 to Axiom 7
Welcome to the Raymarine Brizza,

It is quite common for Axiom RV owners to additionally install a compatible 50kHz/200kHz onboard and then interface it to the MFD via an Axiom RV Y-Cable. This is done not only for those seeking sonar in deeper depths than are supported by the RV transducer, but also for those seeking improved bottom tracking when operating at planing speeds. However, when this option is chosen, the low power, high frequency CHIRP conical sonar (referred to as the Sonar channel within the Fishfinder app) will not be available. In its place will be the 200kHz channel and 50kHz channel. If the E66054 P66 Transducer is installed, then the A80492 Axiom RV Y-Cable would be used.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply