Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Update issue
06-19-19, 09:51 AM
RE: [CA11] Update issue
E.hatch2086,

Q1. If I have installed the latest version of software and install a SD card with an older version on it will it allow me to see the older version to update to ?
A1. Yes ... but only for LightHouse 3 software. LightHouse II software downgrades are performed by inserting the microSD memory card into the MFD's memory card reader prior to powering the MFD ON.

Q2. I ask this as I have not been able to install the software from micoSD card it comes back and says no new updates.
A2. The most common cause for the reported issue is that the software file has been downloaded previously, resulting in a slight name change. For example, the LH3 v3.8.105 file for Axiom MFDs which may be downloaded from LightHouse 3 for Axiom MFDs software update web page is named raymarine_axiom-3.8.105.upgrade.iso. Subsequent downloads will result in the additionally downloaded files to be named raymarine_axiom-3.8.105.upgrade (x).iso (where x is the iteration; raymarine_axiom-3.8.105.upgrade (1).iso, raymarine_axiom-3.8.105.upgrade (2).iso, etc.). Please note that the MFD will not recognize any names other than raymarine_axiom-3.8.105.upgrade.iso. I have been unable to downgrade eS-Series MFDs running LH3 v3.9.46 via a memory card within the eS-Series MFD's reader. The software within the eS-Series MFDs may only be downgraded to an earlier version of LH3 software via a networked Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD.

Q3. Also when you do the Reset does that do anything to the software does it revert it to the original supplied software version?
A3. Negative. The Power On Reset will not revert the version of software within the MFD's memory to that which was installed when the MFD was manufactured.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Update issue - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-19-19 09:51 AM