Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Axiom Pro, missing wind indicator and dashboard
08-13-19, 06:23 AM
RE: [LW11] Axiom Pro, missing wind indicator and dashboard
(08-01-19 09:34 AM)Louise - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Hi, the yellow teardrop with wind indication doesn´t show up. I have toggled the wind option and tried both detailed and simplified chart mode.

NOTE! I am using wind data from ST60 Wind via "Digital Yacht ST-NMEA" interface, using NMEA pins i the main power connector. The wind data shows up in the dashboard, but not in the chart. See attached picture of the converter.
The MFD is a Axiom 12" Pro RVX.

Q1. I don´t have the wind symbol in my chart application (the little yellow drop symbol)? Vessel type is set to "cruising sailing" or similar: I have also tried "Competition sailing". I forgot to set chart detail to minimum. Can that be the issue with the wind symbol as well (the yellow drop in chart app)?

A1. To see the wind information HOTSPOT THE VESSEL IN CHART APPLICATION> VECTOR BOX> toggle the wind option
Ensure the chart is set to detailed and as long as the data is available you will see the yellow teardrops.

Q2: ST60 wind speed is set to m/s (not knots). In the dashboard, the speed is approx. twice the value of what the ST60 wind instrument is showing. Unit in the dashboard is m/s. It looks like there is a conversion error in the MFD or the ST60 Wind instrument sends the speed in knots over Seatalk (ST60 display is m/s)?

A2. Can you confirm the convertor is on the latest software? This needs to be V2.03, if you go into the homepage> settings>network>diagnostics> scroll down until you see the convertor and the software revision is listed here - please update this if it is not.
If you set the speed to knots on the ST60, do you see the same issue on the Axiom or is the information repeated correctly? Have you set the wind speed to m/s in the Axiom?

Many Thanks
Louise
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [LW11] Axiom Pro, missing wind indicator and dashboard - bjojoh - 08-13-19 06:23 AM