Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Moving Secondary MDF between Boats
07-19-19, 10:41 AM (This post was last modified: 07-24-19 01:15 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Moving Secondary MDF between Boats
Hello -

I have a sailboat and a small fishing boat in which I move an a98 back and forth. When on the sailboat, the a98 operates as the secondary display where an e125 is the master.

When the a98 is in the sailboat, it is connected via the ethernet network and operates perfectly.

When the a98 is on the fishing boat, it is connected to a transducer and nothing else.

I noticed when I placed waypoints on the a98 while installed on the fishing boat then moved the display back to the sailboat, I lost all of the waypoints. Is there a way to maintain the waypoints on the slave when moving it back and forth? Seems storing the waypoints on a card is a likely work around but would prefer storing internally if an option.

All software on both networks is on the latest version (according to "Check Online for Updates".
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-19, 01:29 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-19 01:30 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Moving Secondary MDF between Boats
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum lwitty,

Waypoint, route, and track data are maintained within the system's Data Master MFD. Before removing the a98 MFD from the system featuring the e125 MFD, ensure that both MFDs are switched ON and have completed initialization. After doing so, configure the a98 as the system's Data Master MFD. The waypoint, route, and track data should then be transferred to the a98 MFD's memory. When the a98 MFD is later re-introduced to the system featuring the e125 MFD, power both MFDs ON, and then configure the e125 MFD as the system's Data Master MFD. The waypoint, route, and track data should then be transferred back to the e125 MFD's memory.
09-04-19, 12:40 PM
Thanks Chuck, I will give this a test next time out. If I am reading correctly, waypoints/routes/tracks will synchronize between the MDFs when Data Master is switched. So my mistake when removing the unit from the sailboat to the fishing boat was not setting it as the master before it was removed, thus losing the waypoints when re-introduced as a slave to the e125.
09-09-19, 11:54 AM
lwitty,

Your understanding of my explanation appears to be correct.