Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] I70s and fuel burn
07-25-19, 08:10 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-19 01:44 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] I70s and fuel burn
I have an eS127 upgraded to the latest LH III.

On the I70S under LH II, I had a custom page setup which showed RPM's for each engine, and fuel flow rate for each, along with speed and depth. After converting to LH III, I can still set up the page with each engine's rpm's showing (confirmed through starting one and then the other), speed and depth, but when I set up the fuel rate from each they both show the combined fuel burn from both engines. I am ok with that, but would like to know if there is a way to show the fuel burn from each separately.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-19, 01:57 PM
RE: [CA11] I70s and fuel burn
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum nharrison5,

This symptom has not been previously reported. Which specific Data Items are you displaying ... please verify on the MFD? Which make/model of engine gateway(s) has been installed within the system?
07-30-19, 10:24 PM (This post was last modified: 07-31-19 08:28 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I upgraded the software on my eS127. I am running FoxMarine MeFI’s On two Crusader 6.0 MPI engines. This was the same setup I was using with LH II. On the I70s I had a custom page setup in LH II I attempted to replicate in LH III.

The page has 6 “buckets”. I had speed, depth, the RPM’s for each engine and the fuel flow for each engine. With the new LH III I attempted the same things. I created the speed, depth, the RPM’s for each engine, and the fuel flow rate for each engine. Everything works except for the fuel flow. When I start the port engine, I get a certain fuel flow rate. When I start the starboard, the fuel flow rate roughly doubles.
07-31-19, 09:34 AM
nharrison5,

Please note that the i70/i70S MFIDs and MFDs do not share fuel management data. Instead, the latest software for the i70/i70S MFIDs (v3.16, possibly installed as a result of installing the latest LH3 software within the MFD) now features its own fuel management feature, which must be configured on each i70S MFID (i.e. this data is not shared among i70/i70S MFIDs). In contrast, fuel rate for each engine is simply a data item transmitted to the SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 backbone via the engine gateways. The MFD LH3 data item Fuel Flow (P), Fuel Flow (S),etc. should report fuel flow rate for each respective engine. In contrast, the Engine 1/Engine 2 data groups for the i70/i70S MFDs do not include fuel flow data items. The Fuel data group for the i70/i70S MFIDs is not designed provide fuel flow rate for individual engines. Instead, the i70/i70S MFIDs are designed to report the Fuel Flow Rate Total data item ... which would be expected to report the sum of the fuel flow rates for the vessel's engines.

Are you reporting that the Fuel Flow (P) or Fuel Flow (S) displayed within the Dashboard of the MFD running LH3 V3.10.39 are reported a summed fuel flow rate?
07-31-19, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-31-19 04:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Yes I am. On LH II, the I70s reported separate fuel flow rates, or at least the numbers shown in the two blocks were different for the two engines. I am getting the summed rate now, and I am ok with that. It does represent a change to what was previously reported on the I70s.

I will look at the MFD reporting to see what it shows. Unfortunately, when defining the engines as "Other" it will not allow you to define one as the "number 1 port" and the "number 2 starboard". Perhaps it is automatically picking that up from the Fox Marine data flow. I will look when I go back to the boat.
07-31-19, 04:06 PM
You're welcome.