The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] faulty rotater dial on E7D
07-26-19, 05:00 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-19 04:41 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] faulty rotater dial on E7D
After having been a dedicated Ray supporter for many years and with ALL instrumentation and auto pilot on my boat Raymarine, I was really disappointed after contacting Raymarine Australia to be told my 4 year old E7D could not be repaired by them, instead I was referred to an authorised local repairer. Contacted him and was told to replace my faulty rotater dial would cost around $400! This is crazy- I have spent my life in manufacturing and know the raw cost of this part will be under $20 ( maybe up to $50 at trade) .
It looks to me that the repair time would be probably less than 30 minutes for someone who hadn't don't the job before, quicker for someone experienced in this repair. Where can I buy this part so I can do the repair myself please as you no longer support my product and your authorised repairer wants to rip off Ray customers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[TG11] faulty rotater dial on E7D - eianm - 07-26-19 05:00 PM