Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] How to access Racing features for Axiom 9
08-01-19, 06:56 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-19 09:35 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] How to access Racing features for Axiom 9
I bought a whole suite of Raymarine instruments last year including an Axiom 9 for which my installer installed the latest software as of May 2018. To date I cannot find the racing functions on the unit nor can I find a way to download them from the Raymarine site. Can someone help me understand if I have them already or where to get them?
I have the race countdown timer but think I should be able to access layline help and a start line feature to help me time my approach to the line.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-19, 10:10 AM
RE: [LW11] How to access Racing features for Axiom 9
Dear danstanford,

Thank you for your post.

You will need to update your Axiom to the latest software Lighthouse 3.10 Bermuda, the software and instructions are available here on our website.

You can find the full race features list in the Lighthouse manual available here in the MFD section. For layline functionality you will need heading, SOG, wind and GPS data.

Many Thanks
Louise
09-23-19, 01:52 AM
Louise,

I have recently installed AXIOM 7 and upgraded software with v3.10.42 Bermuda. I initially got the new Race/Sailing screens, but I did not want the Data screen on the left-hand edge to be the Timer countdown and wanted the previous Navigation pane. I could not make this happen so did a settings reset having saved data. On booting up the MFD, the Racing/Sailing screens had disappeared, so I reloaded the v3.10.42 software, but still cannot access the Race/Sailing screens.
Can anyone suggest what I might do to restore the new Race/Sailing screens?

best regards,
jim
10-08-19, 06:59 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-19 07:17 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Dear Jimfl,

You need to ensure your boating activity is set to sailing in the start up wizard , if this is not the case you will need to perform a factory reset to be able to set this up.

HOMESCREEN>SETTINGS>THIS DISPLAY> FACTORY RESET - all data & settings will be lost when performing this

Have you set your vessel type to racing in the setup screen?

HOMESCREEN> SETTINGS> BOAT DETAILS> your vessel type needs to be set for race sail.

Please contact myself at support.uk@raymarine.com

Many Thanks
Louise