Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] Element 9 HV Transducer
08-08-19, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-19 01:16 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Element 9 HV Transducer
Looking for recommendations for a transducer for a Element 9 HV. I have a 30' Carver Flybridge with dual I/O's. I have the HV-100, would this work for this boat or would the HV-300TH single or pair be a better choice?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-19, 01:19 AM
RE: Element 9 HV Transducer
Hello brewvet63,

The I/Os are likely to block the SideVision/RealVision view out to either side, so if you can fit a through-hull transducer that's definitely going to give a better view out to the side. If you can fit a single transducer right on the centreline great, if not you'll need the split pair so that you can see each side. The split pair through-hulls will I think be what you need to end up with to get good performance.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply