Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] ECI100 bidirectional?
08-23-19, 02:18 AM
RE: [TG11] ECI100 bidirectional?
To address some of the points you raise:

Quote:There seems to be no where I can find where I can change the PGN as such. The "Detect Fuel messages" only detects the fuel flow rate PGN 127489.
If 'Detect fuel messages' only detects 127489 (Engine Parameters, Dynamic) then your engine isn't outputting the alternative (Trip Parameters, Engine.) Sorry to sound like I'm stating the obvious here. Many engines don't output the Trip Params message and not all the ones that do output it correctly, so not one to worry about it that you don't have it.

Quote:The fuel usage & trip manual, day & month are vastly different even though they are reset at start of the trip. Even the distance day & manual are different, even though they start off reset at the same time.
What time of day was it when you took these photos? Have you configured your display's Local Time Offset correctly (Home > Time (top-right) > Time offset from UTC)?
The MFD automatically resets the Day values at midnight, local time, so if you were out night fishing or hadn't set the right local time offset then you might find that you'd pass the midnight rollover during your trip.

Quote:The next trip out the season use incremented properly (agreed closely with the Yamaha gauges) but the daily went to 473 liters (should be ~94),trip length of 138.9nm.
That I can't explain at this stage. I cannot think at this stage why Day would be larger than Season unless Season had been reset during the day. Day can be larger than tank size if you have incorrect fuel data coming from the engine (I have seen engines, although not Yamahas, to output the odd message with very large fuel-flow readings in a small percentage of messages which can throw out all the calculations. This seems to be most commonplace on engine-start.)

If in doubt - particularly concerning that last point - I'd suggest recording some of the NMEA2000 traffic coming from the engines during a trip, so that we can see exactly what data is there and whether the display's reacting correctly to it. Personally I've never seen one of our displays take good fuel data in and produce a wrong result, I have a lot of confidence in the Fuel Manager calcs, but I'd be very happy to report a bug to our engineers if that's what's happening. To record data in v3.10 software, go to Home > Settings > Network > Diagnostics > NMEA devices and messages > Record (choose the SD card to record to). Record however long you feel is needed to show a problem (at least a few minutes but no more than necessary and ideally not hours) and post back here.

Thanks,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[TG11] ECI100 bidirectional? - BernieK - 08-09-19, 08:06 PM
RE: [TG11] ECI100 bidirectional? - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-23-19 02:18 AM