Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] es98 Restarts
08-10-19, 06:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-19 03:50 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] es98 Restarts
My es98 reboots itself at least twice every 24 hours. I have a lot of data about this as I've been at crossing the Pacific Ocean this year and have been running it continuously for up 30 days at a time. I am running LH3 but I do believe that when I was running LH2 it didn't happen as much but don't have any data to verify this.
There doesn't seem to be any pattern as to when it will do this.

Steps I have taken:
1. Checked all connections and power supply on the Seatalk ng network. I don't believe power is an issue as I have a Lithium battery and voltage is normally 13.1v never drops below 12.8v.
2. Always updated to the latest software release.
3. Factory reset after updating.
4. Cleared out unused routes, waypoints and tracks in case it was a memory issue.

I have logs and crash logs available as well as an Seatalk ng network diagram.

What are my options for resolving this?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-19, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-19 04:04 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] es98 Restarts
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Tim,

In contrast to the recent LightHouse 3 software updates, LightHouse II v19.03 was an incredibly stable and reliable operating system for the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs. It's only known issues which could lead to instability were:

- use of the Chart application's Sonar logging feature for extended periods of time. Please not that the default state of the configuration setting is ON. Disabling this setting is recommended whenever logging of sonar data is no desired.

- rapid panning or scrolling of the SiriusXM satellite weather application

Those experiencing stability issues with LightHouse 3 software are presently recommended to ensure that the MFD has been update with LightHouse 3 v3.10.42 or later software, that a Power On Factory Reset be performed following the update to each of the system's MFDs, and that the MFD's settings then be manually reconfigured rather than restored from a saved system settings file. It is further recommended that the Sonar logging feature be disabled within LH3 (again the default state is enabled) whenever not specifically desiring to engage in sonar logging.

Should problems persist with LH3 v3.10.42, then the following would be recommended:
- a system diagram (hand drawn will generally suffice) identifying the makes and models of each of the marine electronics devices within the system (including computers / tablets running navigational planning / chartplotting applications) may be be requested to support an investigation. The diagram should additionally identify how these devices have been interfaced to one another.

- the system's Ethernet and SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 device data (HOME->SET-UP->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->PRODUCT INFO->SAVE DATA)

- the MFD's logs (HOME->SET-UP->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->SAVE LOGS)

- the MFD's crash logs (HOME->SET-UP->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->SAVE MFDS CRASH LOGS)

- the MFD's system logs (HOME->SET-UP->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->SAVE SYSTEM LOGS)

These items may be attached to a response to this thread. Upon receiving this supporting data, a problem report will be logged to investigate the problem using received data and to seek its correction within the next LH3 software update.
08-20-19, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-19 07:45 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck, in the past I was restoring settings from the card after an update or a reset. I have now reconfigured from Factory settings manually and we'll see how we go. Tim
08-21-19, 07:46 AM
Tim,

Please note my earlier recommendation regarding the sonar logging feature.
08-21-19, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-19 01:47 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Yes noted. I’ve always had sonar logging turned off.
08-21-19, 01:47 PM
Noted.