Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Classic E 80 Software update
08-13-19, 06:59 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-19 01:57 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Classic E 80 Software update
My Suzuki SMIS guages that connect to a 2007 DF300 recently stopped reading tilt, voltage, and RPM. A technician at my local shop told me to reset the Raymarine E80 - so I will give it a try.

While I am in the E80 I figured I may as well update the software to latest version. My question is will this cause any additional issues with the Suzuki gauges which are V1.0? Will it interfere with any other data flow into the E80 from the 2007 Suzuki DF300?

Lastly, if it is safe and I do install the new software - how long does it take to load?

Thanks in advance!

David
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-19, 02:05 PM
RE: [CA11] Classic E 80 Software update
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum David,

Will this (updating the MFD's software) cause any additional issues with the Suzuki gauges which are V1.0?
A1. First, I see no reason why the MFD's current software would have any impact upon Suzuki engine data communications. That said, Raymarine has only officially supported interfacing engines to Raymarine equipment via an microprocessor based engine gateway. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. I would not expect that updating the MFD's software to v5.69 will have any more or less effect upon Suzuki engine communications.

Q2. Will it interfere with any other data flow into the E80 from the 2007 Suzuki DF300?
A2. See my response to Q1.

Q3. Lastly, if it is safe and I do install the new software - how long does it take to load?
A3. It typically takes about five minutes or so. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing software updates to this family of MFDs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply