Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] New to Raymarine Products
08-25-19, 07:15 AM (This post was last modified: 08-26-19 12:45 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] New to Raymarine Products
I'm thinking of buying the Raymarine Axiom 7 but am not sure of which unit to buy. I know I want it to have RealVision 3D, but i'm not sure if I need one of the "charts" listed on the homepage. The choices on the page are LNC, NAG, and CSA. I pretty much only fish small lakes, most of which are not mapped. Any suggestions for which chart? Or do I even need one. Also, there is an option for an RV-100 transducer. Is this required for the RealVision 3D? or is the included transducer enough.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-19, 01:01 PM
RE: [CA11] New to Raymarine Products
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum sdwiggi,

Q1. I know I want it to have RealVision 3D, but i'm not sure if I need one of the "charts" listed on the homepage. The choices on the page are LNC, NAG, and CSA. I pretty much only fish small lakes, most of which are not mapped. Any suggestions for which chart? Or do I even need one.
A1. Axiom MFDs including the LightHouse NOAA Vector US Charts bundle does not provide coverage for the overwhelming majority of US lakes. While a bit better, Axiom MFDs including the C-Map Essentials Chart bundle provides cartography for many lakes. Axiom MFDs including the Navionics NAV+ bundle provides the greatest level of lake cartography coverage. This coverage can be enhanced further by registering the Navionics chart card via the Navionics website and then updating the chart card with Freshest Data. We would typically recommend that customers consider a Navionics+ chart card for lakes. It is generally recommended that customers use the Navionics Chart Viewer on the Navionics website to determine whether detailed cartography is available for their lake(s). Simply pan the Navionics Chart Viewer to the location of interest in and then range in to determine the cartography detail available for the lake(s) of interest.

Should no cartography be available for one's lake, then Raymarine's RealBathy â„¢ Personal Sonar Map Generator feature may be used to create bathymetrics for one's lake by using sonar data recorded by the MFD onto a microSD memory card within the MFD's memory card reader.

Q2. Also, there is an option for an RV-100 transducer. Is this required for the RealVision 3D? or is the included transducer enough.
A2. Yes. You will need one of the Axiom RV 7 MFDs. If seeking a transom mounted transducer, then the E70365-03-NAG would typically be recommended. If seeking to use a thru-hull RV transducer(s), then the E70365-00-NAG and the RV transducer(s) would then be purchased separately.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply