Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrading from e series to Axiom Pro
08-30-19, 02:47 PM
RE: [CA11] Upgrading from e series to Axiom Pro
Hello Chuck & Thank You for your prompt response........

I have attached a pdf outlining the original system and wiring changes made since then and prior to the planned upgrade.

I am replacing my original analog back-up deck camera with a Raymarine IP bullet camera eliminating the need for a second analog video input. I Will continue to feed the FLIR analog signal into the one video input of both AXIOM PRO mfd's (thru signal splitter). Incidentally, I may add additional IP cameras but understand I'll need another switch to bring them into the network.

"An A06082 SeaTalkng (M) to DeviceNet (F) Adapter may be used to adapt any SeaTalkng Spur Cable which had been interfaced to the e-Series MFDs to then be mated to the NMEA 2000 socket (DeviceNet) of the Axiom Pro RVX MFDs."
Copy that and understand. Should this connection be made to both AXIOM PRO MFDs ? Or should it be made to one with the data then to be shared over the network (Raynet) ?

"Finally, fishfinder transducers which had been designed to be directly mated to the fishfinder Transducer socket of ax7/cx7/e7D/ex7/eSx7 MFDs cannot be adapted to be mated to the 1kW Transducer socket of Axiom Pro RVX MFDs."
Understood. The existing depth sounder, CP100 and CP200 systems will be removed and replaced with an RV-300 All-In-One transducer.

"Accordingly, the second MFD may be an Axiom Pro S MFD rather than an Axiom Pro RVX MFD, thereby saving some cost within the upgrade."
That point, though well taken, is mute as the 2 MFDs have already been purchased. But Thanks!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Upgrading from e series to Axiom Pro - john744 - 08-30-19 02:47 PM