Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Axiom Miracast LG TV not working
09-12-19, 04:44 PM
RE: [TG11] Axiom Miracast LG TV not working
I did some more experimenting today.

After doing a power-on reset of the Axiom, powering of my Quantum2, orienting the Axiom screen-side towards the TV, and playing with the position of the USB side of the MS WDA, I was finally able to connect to it. It took very long and several attempts for the pairing to complete.

Once connected there was still a noticeable lag and the connection would drop after a short while. Like others have noted the Axiom does not try to reconnect in this scenario- you have to do this manually. However, the pairing is kept intact and this makes the re-connect easier.
The connection would drop with the slightest movement of the Axiom.

The distance is ca. 18 feet and with the Axiom placed as described above it's an unobstructed line of sight except for the TV itself. I used the default wifi channel 6 and it just so happens there were no other wifi's visible above channnel 4 or below channel 8 in the test location. In spite of the short distance the signal level in front of the TV was hovering around -60dB and so most likely at or below -70 behind the TV.
Based on this my wifi scanner app estimated the distance to 125 feet ;-)

I did note a couple of instances where the Axiom wifi would completely disappear. I guess this may be the cause of the drop-outs I have with RayControl. My tablet is placed less than 6 feet from the Axiom.

Question is now if this can all be down to a noise/cross-talk issue or if there might be an issue with the wifi circuit in my Axiom 12.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Axiom Miracast LG TV not working - Gypsy King - 09-12-19 04:44 PM