Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Yamaha F70 to Axiom7
09-17-19, 11:21 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-19 02:24 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Yamaha F70 to Axiom7
Hello all. Thanks for this forum, I have referred to it often as I attempt to link my 2017 F70 Yamaha 4 stroke to an Axiom7 Display. So, here is what I have done so far, using previous post here as a reference. (http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=9005)
I re-powered my little Whaler last year with the F70. The Yamaha dealer tried to make a link between the new motor and the Axiom7 display. They installed a Lowrance Yamaha cable into a series of 3 "T" connecters. The other T's were connected to a power cable and the Axiom pigtail. At that point the only data streaming to the MFD was RPM's and fuel consumption. So, after reading through the forum, referencing the link above and speaking to Tech Support I have bought the ECI-100, the SeaTalk Hub starter kit and a couple new cables, the E70242 Raymarine cable and the A06075 adapter cable. Hooked it up and now I have no data going to the MFD when displaying the dasboard. The MFD is an Axiom7 DV (E70364 0980309) running software version 3.10.42 .
The ECI has a steady red light at the SeaTalk hub, no light at the NMEA end. Do I need the Yamaha app I've read about? I do not have a Yamaha app on the apps page of the MFD. How does one load apps to the MFD? (I do have a wifi connection to the MFD.) The F70 is listed as having Command Link, but not Command Link Plus. The white Command Link Plug on the engine only has two of the four terminals populated with wires, one white, one blue.

Any ideas - would switching out the ECI with the "6Y" gateway be the solution?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-19, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 09-17-19 02:42 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Yamaha F70 to Axiom7
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum asonofsam,

As indicated within the referenced thread, those with Axiom MFDs and compatible Yamaha engines will achieve the greatest level of engine integration / features when the Yamaha app and Yamaha's NMEA 2000 Gateway (6YG-8A2D0-00-00) have been installed onboard. The Yamaha app is not compatible with Raymarine's ECI-100. Proper interfacing would required that a powered and properly terminated Command Link / Command Link Plus backbone be installed to which the engine and Yamaha NMEA 2000 Gateway have been interfaced as spurs. The MFD will similarly be interfaced a spur to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone which has been constructed from SeaTalkng networking components. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how a simple backbone may be constructed using SeaTalkng networking components. The MFD and Yamaha NMEA 2000 Gateway will then each be connected as spurs to this simple backbone.

While other supported apps for MFDs running LightHouse 3 software may be downloaded here, the Yamaha app will be accessible after having selected that the Engine Type is Yamaha within the MFD's Boat Details.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply