Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] ST7001 Autopilot Not Displaying HDG or COG
09-26-19, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 09-27-19 03:17 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [DG11] ST7001 Autopilot Not Displaying HDG or COG
Hi Derek,
Many thanks for your swift reply to my ST7001 problem posting.

Your advice to look at the compass calibration was excellent.
On a breezy mooring with quite a swing today I entered the align compass adjustment mode and found that the setting was OFF (how does that happen?). I set it to ON with the -1 and immediately saw a HDG displayed on Standby. the heading was off by a considerable amount. After the align heading adjustment I saved and went back to standby. The good news was that I now had a heading displayed where previously there was none. I noticed, however that the ST7001 heading was swinging somewhat and differing from the steering compass by 20 to 40 degrees and would then "catch up" for a brief time before wandering off again.

I put the heading differences down to the fact I did not do a seatrial calibration before doing the align heading adjustment. Do you think that would account for large differences between the steering compass and the ST7001?

Many Thanks

Michael Yorke
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DG11] ST7001 Autopilot Not Displaying HDG or COG - mikeyor - 09-26-19 03:02 PM