Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Continuing problems with Axiom Fuel Manager
10-07-19, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-19 08:11 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Continuing problems with Axiom Fuel Manager
The MFD is on revision 3.10.42. There is no Digital switching system. The engine gateway is the Mercruiser Cummins one, their pn 8M0065208, then engine is a Cummins QSB. It puts out only the instantaneous consumption PGN. The Raymarine i70S is unconfused by this, but the Axiom is confused nearly all the time. Just today I turned it on and it said that my consumption for the season was 7410 gallons in just 284 hours. Pretty unlikely in a 5.9L Cummins. It says I've run 16 hours this month and used 1528 gallons. So not just a little off. Right now it is showing 7410 gal used for the trip, 1528 for the month, and 517 for the season. The 517 is close to right.

It gets the engine run hours wrong, fuel used wrong. If I reset the trip figures, often they will not reset, still showing some erroneous value. At least in my system, these are not hard to spot errors. I'd be happy to work with an engineer at Raymarine to resolve them.

It might also be helpful to know what the "Reset Trip" buttons are supposed to do (not documented). One might guess from their alignment that the one to the right of the TRIP (SEASON) line would reset only that. The one to the right of the TRIP (MANUAL) might reset only that, or perhaps also the day and month? It is inconsistent enough in operation that I've not been able to discover the intent by trial and error.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Continuing problems with Axiom Fuel Manager - jfitch - 10-07-19 06:40 PM