Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] E7 doesn’t work right
10-18-19, 08:19 AM
RE: [CA11] E7 doesn’t work right
Aldo,

Q. If I understood you correctly in your last post, this speed sensor would NOT explain why the views aren't saving?
A. Correct. However, please verify that the Chart Synch feature has been configured OFF within each instance of the Chart application. Chart orientation/offset changes will be blocked if this feature has been configured ON. After orientation/offset changes have been commanded, then this feature may be switched ON again and the setting should be persistent.

Additionally, should the MFD have heading & position inputs and should the instance of the Chart application being viewed be configured to Head Up (not Course Up) chart orientation, then the chart will be oriented to Head Up when the vessel is stationary or underway. In the past, should there have been and issue with the autopilot, then one of the required data items for orienting the chart with stationary or maneuvering vessel, i.e. heading, may not have been available to the MFD.

Finally, as indicated within my last response, you should additionally verify that each instance of the Chart application has been configured to Head Up, not Course Up, chart orientation. This setting should then be retained between power cycles as long as the autopilot (the likely heading source within your system) is powered ON at the same time that the MFD is powered ON. As indicated the offset setting will be retained between power cycles, but commonly requires that the vessel be underway to then respond to the offset setting.

Should the problem persist and should you have verified the above, then it would be recommended that the aforementioned system settings and data reset be performed. Should the problem persist thereafter, then it may indicate a problem within the MFD's memory which is responsible for recording these settings and it would then be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] E7 doesn’t work right - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-18-19 08:19 AM