Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Analogue Wind Display instability with rotation sensor
11-24-19, 10:07 PM
RE: [TG11] Analogue Wind Display instability with rotation sensor
Hi Tom,

thanks - your suggestions inspired me to make more careful and accurate observations of the fault.

There is, indeed, a "dead sector" within which the MRS calculations fail: it seems to be when the long axis of the wing mast section is pointing within the range of about 105 to about 140 degrees magnetic.

In addition, the error is not 180 degrees, but more like 150 degrees - sorry about my previous careless observations!

There is no discontinuity of heading data from either the CHT or from the EV.

The error occurs with the Micronet isolated from the SeatalkNG bus and also when the CHT is disconnected from the Micronet/ SeatalkNG system.

So, it therefore seems to be the T221 MRS itself that is faulty. Are there any other possibilities? I should point out that this expensive item has never been fully operational, and is only about 19 months old!

What is the next step? Do I post the T221 to you in Frenchs Forest for checking, or is its failure a certainty given the behaviour? Is a repair possible, or must they be replaced if they are faulty?

Regards,
Nick
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Analogue Wind Display instability with rotation sensor - artemidorus - 11-24-19 10:07 PM