Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] AIS700 do not send position data to DSC VHF
03-24-20, 08:27 AM
RE: [LW11] AIS700 do not send position data to DSC VHF
Please add me to this list as I have exact same problem as described by the OP and Peanpe

With a authorised raymarine dealer installing a full system, when Axiom Pro is turned on AND gps nmea data is derived from it, the icom M506 and M802 receive GPS location data just fine.

My system however has layered power distribution such that mfd plotters may be turned off while offshore....

breaker 1: autopilot, seatalk (GPS130), seatalkNG (2 off p70s, 3 off i70s, i60, i50)
breaker 2: 2 off axiom pro 9, raynet switch
breaker 3: quantum 2 scanner
breaker 4: VHF radio, AIS700

With this setup I required the AIS700 to be the source of GPS data for the radios only.... I have AIS700 sending high speed AIS data to seatalkNG on one port, and location data to icom ic-m506 and M802 on the other... no position data is received by the radios.

Having read this thread about its non-operation, I looked for alternative sources given my schedule is tight, and so purchased the Raymarine VHF NMEA0183 to seatalkNG converter as the supplier advertised compatibility to M802. So, $100 later and the M506 VHF gets data and yet the M802 still does not...this latter aspect is presumably an NMEA sentence format problem..

So, I confirm that this issue is real, exists and is causing problems.

thanks,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [LW11] AIS700 do not send position data to DSC VHF - Mystic38 - 03-24-20 08:27 AM