Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] C120W to Axiom
11-09-19, 09:30 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-19 01:14 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] C120W to Axiom
hello. I have a C120W with digital radar, ais, and autopilot. everything works fine but I can’t get charts for the MFD with its CF card. We will be leaving from the pacific northwest to mexico then on to the marquesas, so we need charts. Therefore we were considering swapping out our C120W for an axiom 12 MFD. here are my questions

can I swap the MFD from the c series to axiom?
is there an issue with the NMEA0183 vs 2000?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-19, 01:21 PM
RE: [CA11] C120W to Axiom
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Northernsailor,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As Axiom MFDs do not feature a NMEA 0183 communications interface, I would typically recommend an Axiom Pro S MFD to replace a C-Series Widescreen which has been installed onboard a sailboat. As indicated within the referenced FAQ, the radome should be compatible with an Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD. However, should a complete listing of the makes/models of remaining products which are presently interfaced to the C-Series Widescreen be supplied, then a more in depth verification of compatibility with the new MFD may be provided.
01-11-20, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-20 11:16 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi and thanks for the reply. I have a non Raymarine AIS that works well with the C120W, Raymarine VHF, ST 60 instruments for speed wind and depth and finally an ST 70 control head for the autopilot
01-13-20, 12:38 PM
Northernsailor,

Q. I have a non Raymarine AIS that works well with the C120W, Raymarine VHF, ST 60 instruments for speed wind and depth and finally an ST 70 control head for the autopilot.
A. While we can provide guidance concerning how to interface the ST70 autopilot control head, ST60 instruments, and Digital radome to the new MFD, we will need to know the model of autopilot course computer, the make & model of AIS receiver/transceiver, the model of VHF radio which are presently installed onboard. Additionally, while we can provide guidance concerning how to interface how to interface these items to the new MFD, please specify whether you will plan to install and Axiom MFD or an Axiom Pros S MFD as was advised within my initial response.